|From||Gard Hauge <Gard.Hauge@stormgeo.com>|
|Date||Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:15:44 +0100|
The StormGeo Group is proud to have some of the brightest minds in the commercial MetOcean forecasting industry, all creating and delivering high-end quality solutions. We started off with 5 young enthusiastic weather loving people and we are now over 105 co-workers from 13 nationalities inspiring each other to deliver quality and cutting-edge products. During the last ten years we have invested 18 mill € in Research and Development in order to be a marked leading weather provider. StormGeo has 12 offices in 10 countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, USA, Azerbaijan, Germany, Brazil, Australia, United Kingdom and Dubai (UAE)
The Research and Development team, consisting of met-ocean scientists and application developers, is at the heart of operations and application development of the company. We are currently looking to recruit a new statistician to our company.
The position is permanent and start date is as soon as possible.
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Engineering, Oceanography, Meteorology and preferably a specialization/experience in deriving MetOcean design and operating criteria for offshore industry.
- High resourcefulness with strong problem solving instincts and close attention to details.
- Team working skills and the ability to work with little technical supervision in a multidiscipline environment.
- A high level of fluency in written and spoken English Awareness of current statistical techniques and MetOcean standards and their application, and state-of-the-art in MetOcean research.
- Good programming skills preferable in the statistical software R.
- Knowledge of design criteria standards like ISO-19901, DNV RC-C205 or HSE 2001/10
- Knowledge of extreme value theory
- Good knowledge with an interpreted computer language (Perl, Python, etc.), SQL and shell scripting is an advantage
- Knowledge of scripting is an advantage
- You work in a structured and systematic manner which makes it easy for you to meet deadlines. It is decisive for success in the position that you are goal-oriented and quality-conscious.
Applications with complete CV should be send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer salary according to qualifications and experience.
All application should be marked with ”Application Statistician 2012” in the subject field no later the April 5th
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.