|From||Jeff Polton <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 3 Feb 2012 20:52:46 +0000|
NOC-Liverpool is seeking to recruit PhD students for fully-funded NERC studentships. Applicants must be from the UK or EU only. Studentships will commence in October 2012 and can be selected from the following projects:
1) Observations and modelling of the ocean response to freshwater and heat fluxes which drive dense water cascades
2) Impact of offshore wind turbines
3) The role of physical processes in driving the Continental Shelf Sea CO2 pump
4) Investigation of effects from tidal stream turbines on the turbulence and sediment transport in marine environment
5) Impact of marine renewables on coastal hydrodynamics and sediment pathways
6) How do wind and eddies drive intermittent mixing in the Southern Ocean?
7) The coastal ocean atmospheric boundary layer and air-sea interaction in Liverpool Bay, with application to surge and wave modeling and coastal impacts of storms
8) Towards understanding sediment processes in estuarine environments
9) Bio-physical interactions in the estuarine-coastal system
Further project details are available from our website:
All applicants should have, or expect to achieve, a first class or upper second degree in a relevant numerate discipline such as physics, mathematics or oceanography.
The studentships are available to UK citizens and certain EU applicants. Further details of eligibility criteria can be found on the Natural Environment Research Council's website:
How to apply
To apply email NOCL_phdenquiries@noc.ac.uk. In your covering email letter please state where you saw the advertisement, confirm your eligibility for the award, indicate which of the projects that you are applying for, and if you are not a UK citizen detail your eligibility for the award. Please also include a CV.
For full consideration, applications should be received by Friday, 9th April 2012, with interviews held in the week commencing on the 30th April 2012. However, applications for all positions will continue to be reviewed until the studentships are filled.
An A4 version of this advert can be downloaded at:
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.