|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:13:13 +0200|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer who shall have a minimum of three years experience in software engineering and computing. The Candidate shall be able to demonstrate experience in software development within an operational environment and in meteorology.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: 2nd Quarter 2012
Closing date: 4 March 2012
The tasks of the Candidate will typically include:
· Implementation of relevant operational product processing chains including algorithm processors in the reprocessing environment;
· Software development and implementation of operational functional and product quality monitoring procedures for the data set generation monitoring and validation system;
· Acquisition of relevant data from internal and external sources to support product quality monitoring in the reprocessing environment;
· Initialisation, control and execution of operations with respect to both data set generation and associated monitoring results;
· Preparation of data sets for ingestion into the EUMETSAT Data Centre;
· Porting of algorithm code (mainly coded in Fortran and C++) from existing platforms (SUN and IBM AIX) to new hardware environments;
· Support of the validation of products employing the quality monitoring procedures and other validation techniques as appropriate;
· Support to the development and maintenance of operational procedures for the data set generation;
· Compilation of technical notes on data set generation issues and relevant data set documentation including validation reports, user guides and format descriptions;
· Support to compilation of results into presentations;
· Attendance at technical meetings.
Qualifications and Experience
Furthermore, the Candidate is required to have strong experience with several of the following:
· Programming languages FORTRAN and C++;
· Scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, shell, Tcl/Tk;
· Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, debuggers, insure++);
· Analysis and graphic software such as IDL and/or PV-WAVE;
· Source code control systems, such as Subversion, Rational ClearCase or CVS;
· Data formats such as NetCDF (3 and 4), GRIB, HDF5, and BUFR.
The Candidate shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and structured manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
Integration of software in an operational environment requires the co-ordination of various activities within the team and with other teams. The ability to work effectively in a team and good communication skills are crucial in this context.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Reprocessing Implementation Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.