- Exciting opportunity to apply your Project Management Skills
- Work on problems affecting the Australia-Pacific region
- And make a real impact – working towards improving Australia’s climate and environment!
The Pacific - Australia Climate Change Science and Adaptation Planning Program (PACCSAP) is part of the Australian Government’s International Climate Change Adaptation Initiative (ICCAI) to meet high priority climate change adaptation needs in vulnerable countries in the Pacific and East Timor. The $32 million PACCSAP is funded by Australian Aid (formerly AusAid) and will undertake research into the effects of climate change and develop the capacity of Pacific Island country and East Timor scientists, decision-makers and planners to access and apply information and tools to identify and develop in-country adaptation responses.
Applications are invited for an experienced Science Program Manager to guide and be responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of the Bureau/CSIRO contribution to PACCSAP. You will be responsible for a management team involved in the coordination, administration and communication activities of PACCSAP. You will also take the lead in training and capacity development for partner country stakeholders, effectively communicating the PACCSAP science to partner countries and other interested parties.
Travel within Australia and internationally will be required.
Location: Aspendale, Victoria Australia
Salary: $119K - $132K per annum plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No: VIC03039
Tenure: This contract duration is expected to be 3 years. The contract length will be confirmed with the successful applicant at the time of job offer and is dependent on the employee's commencement date
To be successful you will have a:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Science;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, especially in developing countries, and involving complex projects with numerous countries, partners and stakeholders in a research environment.
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder engagement and management, especially overseas stakeholders.
- An ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with internal and external staff, and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent people management and organisational skills and the ability to organise resources to meet deadlines
Australia is founding its future on science and innovation. Its national science agency, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is a powerhouse of ideas, technologies and skills for building prosperity, growth, health and sustainability. It serves governments, industries, business and communities.
For more information on The Pacific-Australia Climate Change Science and Adaptation Program please visit our: Website
Find out more! For further information and to apply online for the position of Science Program Manager please visit our website at CSIRO CAREERS, choose "Jobs Search" and insert Reference Number VIC03039 where indicated.
Applications close 6 February 2012