|From||David Baynes <email@example.com>|
|Cc||Peter Clarke <Clarke@Moltek.net>|
|Date||Fri, 2 Dec 2011 08:27:03 +0000|
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
Meteorological Product Software Engineer
You will be based initially for 3 years at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
Your Tasks Include:
The Consultant shall work in the Meteorological Operations Division as a member of the Surface and Atmospheric Sounding Section. He/she shall contribute to the design, implementation and testing of operational processing, monitoring and product validation software, initially for the GRAS radio occultation instrument. This includes the verification and integration of third party software for the instrument processing software. He/she will also take part in the analysis and resolution of anomalies relating to the product generation and monitoring software, and support the reprocessing of radio occultation data in general. The Consultant will be part of a small team focussed on developingradio occultation processing, monitoring and analysis software, where the implementation of new features is driven by a scientific prototype in an agile development environment.
The tasks of the Consultant will generally include:
· Design, implementation, validation, automated testing and documentation of Day-2 Product Processors, based on prototype software
· Analysis of significant product change proposals
· Documentation of changes related to product upgrades
· Preparation of technical notes on product implementation issues
· Contributions to thedevelopment and documentation of the prototype software
· Maintenance, update and development of product quality monitoring software
· Support to the validation of meteorological products during commissioning and routine operations
· Investigation and resolution of product processing anomalies
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, physics, mathematics or remote sensing, the Consultant shall have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of operationalprocessing of satellite or meteorological data. Specifically the Consultantshall have experience in:
· Design and development of operational software using C/C++ in a UNIX (AIX/Linux) workstation/server environment
· Maintenance and development of operational software written in Fortran 9x
· Prototyping in scripting languages, in particular Python
· Implementation of scientific algorithms from sample code and/or a given specification
· Validation of meteorological products
· Configuration control of software and data
Furthermore, experience of working in the following would be an advantage:
· Radio occultation data
· Agile best practices and management processes (in particular Scrum)
· Relational databasessuch as Oracle or MySQL
· Data formats such as EPS native product formats, netCDF4, and HDF5
· Visualization/prototyping tools such as matplotlib, Matlab and IDL
· Mathematical modelling and scientific computing
· Operational environments
The Consultant shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and structured manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must beable to work with a minimum of supervision.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the consultant must be able to work effectively in this language and have knowledge of the other.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to:
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.