The tasks of the Candidate will typically include:
During phase 1 (support to MSG instrument data processing operations):
Supporting routine operations involving the MSG instrument data processing system, including:
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of the MSG instrument data processing system and the quality and availability of the MSG Level 1 products;
- Investigating anomalies relating to the performance of the MSG instrument data processing system and the quality and availability of the MSG Level 1 products;
- Preparing and reviewing technical documentation relating to MSG instrument data processing operations.
- Supporting the further development of the MSG instrument data processing system, including the specification and validation of system updates;
- Supporting the operation preparations and commissioning of the MSG-3 spacecraft, due to be launched in mid-2012;
- Attendance at technical meetings;
- Participation in formal reviews.
During phase 2 (support to the procurement of the MTG instrument data processing facility):
- Contribute to the procurement of the data processing facility supporting initially the MTG Imager satellite and then the MTG Sounder satellite;
- Define, develop and maintain L0 and L1 processing functionality requirements and specifications;
- Monitor evolution of the requirements and the applicability of their versions to procured items;
- Contribute to reviews, verification and testing against appropriate versions of requirements and monitoring and advising on the resolution of deviations;
- Develop and maintain, as well as support procurement of, software prototypes, test tools and test datasets;
- Support system engineering activities in collaboration with the MTG System team, the MTG Ground Segment team and the MTG Science team;
- Support interactions with the Space Segment and analysis of instrument-related documentation including relevant ICDs;
- Create reports and presentations, including internal reports, on aspects of the tasks above;
- Support verification, validation and acceptance activities;
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate by the technical officer in support of the overall aim of the tasks above.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the real-time acquisition, Level 0 processing and Level 1 processing of data from imaging and/or sounding instruments on remote sensing spacecraft;
- Extensive theoretical knowledge of remote sensing data processing, including Image Navigation and Registration (INR), radiometric correction and calibration algorithms;
- Significant experience of validating complex remote sensing data processing systems.
· Imaging and sounding instrumentation for remote sensing spacecraft;
· Spacecraft and/or ground segment operations;
· UNIX, IDL, and C++;
· Specifying and prototyping remote sensing data processing algorithms.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: