HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer who shall have a minimum of 3 years experience of the operational use and quality control of satellite or meteorological data
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: January 2012
Closing date: 16 September 2011
- The tasks of the Consultant will typically include:
- Collecting information from the following systems to perform regular production and quality monitoring reports:
- EPS processing chains;
- EPS product quality monitoring (ARGUS);
- Cal /Val Facility (CVF).
- The main regular reporting intervals are daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly;
- Performing off-line analysis of product quality using ARGUS and the CVF;
- Maintaining product databases;
- Elaborating, tracking and publishing service level quality indicators;
- Reporting anomalies in product services, contribute to their diagnosis and track their resolution;
- Supporting the Metop-B launch preparation and commissioning phases;
- Support to reprocessing activities;
- Maintaining contact with users to obtain their feedback on product service quality;
- Maintaining WWW page content on system status and service quality indicators;
- Preparation of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings;
- Participation in formal reviews.
- The bulk of the work relates to the EPS mission, but it is expected that the Consultant will play a role in setting up the product monitoring for other missions as well.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience of the operational use and quality control of satellite or meteorological data.
- Quality control of satellite data and products;
- Utilisation of satellite or meteorological products;
- Configuration control of software and data;
- Production monitoring and reporting;
- Operational product processing environments;
- Oracle databases and SQL.
- Use of image processing software such as IDL or ENVI in a UNIX workstation/server environment;
- Calibration and validation of satellite products;
- Quality control of NOAA polar satellite data, meteorological observations and Numerical Weather Prediction data;
- Knowledge of the EUMETSAT Polar System mission and instruments.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: