|From||Christine Chiu <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:10:33 +0100|
Postdoc position at the Universities Space Research Association|
Scientist I (Postdoc)
Founded in 1969, USRA is an independent research corporation with competencies that span space, Earth, and life sciences, along with related disciplines. These competencies are closely aligned with the nation’s science & technology, homeland security, and national security agencies. As a non-profit corporation, USRA’s scientific and technical staff collaborates with over 400 academic and professional research organizations annually. A member consortium of 105 major research universities oversees USRA to ensure that it meets its public purpose as a non-profit in a way that provides equal, unbiased access to opportunities for all researchers. This depth of reach into the research community provides a unique platform for advancing science and technology.
USRA seeks an entry-level Research Scientists in its Goddard Earth Sciences Technology and Research (GESTAR) program. This is a full time appointment for up to 3 years to support research on surface spectral shortwave radiation problems in a fully 3D cloud environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Combine and analyze data from DoE’s Atmospheric Radiative Measurements (ARM) new scanning radars, shortwave spectrometers, and microwave radiometers.
· Conduct radiative transfer calculations leading to a better representation of clouds in shortwave radiative transfer models.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED
· PhD in Atmospheric Physics or a related field
· Experience with atmospheric radiation is required
· Experience with cloud microphysics is highly desirable
· Knowledge of radar retrievals is desirable
How to apply: Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USRA offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience and capabilities including generous fringe benefits. USRA is an Equal Opportun0ity Employer.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.