|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:24:03 +0100|
We are currently seeking a Storage Systems Engineer with a university degree. With 5 year’s experience in the administration and troubleshooting of distributed storage systems.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: Mid-October 2011
Closing date: 2 September 2011
· As a member of a storage network infrastructure team, the Consultant shall provide support to the development and maintenance of storage systems with special focus on archive and retrieval services. The duties include the administration and operation of the central archive systems, maintenance of the external storage, inventory and support to the operation of the storage services.
· The Consultant shall perform the following tasks:
· monitoring of the facility services, storage and archive performance, investigation into H/W and S/W problems and performance of the relevant corrective actions;
· ensuring that in case of H/W or S/W failures the operational configuration can be restored, including the definition, maintenance, performance of backup/archive procedures;
· liaison with the external providers of H/W and S/W maintenance for the request and follow up of maintenance interventions;
· analysis, planning and performance of H/W and S/W upgrades or reconfigurations, taking care of compatibility issues between storage subsystems;
· implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of the above activities, generation or update of associated technical documentation;
· provision of support to design future evolution of the facility to accommodate the requirements of current and future programs, generation and maintenance of associated documentation;
· provision of stand-by/on-call support;
· provision of support, as required, to critical operations.
· In the performance of the activities the Consultant shall always apply the relevant change management control and maintenance procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree or equivalent
· 5 years experience in the administration and troubleshooting of distributed storage systems.
· expert knowledge and an extensive work experience in the UNIX operating system, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Backup/Archive technologies
· Oracle/Solaris 10 operating system
· Highly available environments under SUN cluster or equivalent
· Implementation of archive solutions using Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) system (SAM-FS or equivalent)
· High end, automated, tape library systems (StorageTek SL8500 series with ACSLS software)
· SAN topology design and implementation, managing Brocade (or equivalent) switches, EMC Clariion (or equivalent) storage arrays serving many different types of storage client platforms.
· SAN Capacity Planning, Management software concepts and practical experience
· System/Service Monitoring using Nagios framework
· Perl and PHP scripting
· Linux Operating System
· Generation and maintenance of technical documentation in English
· Implementation of backup and recovery solutions (Symantec NetBackup or equivalent)
· VTL and Data De-duplication technologies
· Setting up and maintaining security systems, on host, network and storage level (e.g. firewalls, SSL, encryption); SAN Fabric security
· IBM/AIX operating system, virtualization technologies
· TCP/IP internetworking and the related network protocols and applications, e.g NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP, FTP;
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Storage Systems Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.