|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:23:13 +0100|
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer with a university degree. A minimum of 5 years work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C, C++ and Java
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: October 2011
Closing date: 26 August 2011
As a member of the MED EPS Data Processing team, the Consultant shall support the maintenance and evolution of the EPS Ground Segment, specifically the QCF and the CVF.
The consultant’s duties will include a range of tasks from the support of the day to day operation and maintenance, the analysis, design, development and testing of the facilities to the handling of anomalies, upgrades and configuration changes for these facilities. Tasks will also include the setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures as well as the co-ordination with external providers of maintenance services. Furthermore the engineer will also be expected to contribute to any design and system re-engineering activities that may become necessary. Finally, the engineer will be required to provide on call support as part of a team of maintenance engineers.
Typically the tasks will include:
· Maintenance and development of the QCF and CVF framework software;
· Configuration Management, building and distribution of QCF/CVF software releases and patches;
· Contribution to QCF/CVF software system design and re-engineering;
· Support to the development and implementation of QCF and CVF tools (e.g. in IDL/C/C++/Fortran);
· Support to the development, integration and configuration management of software developed by third parties, its installation, configuration and testing;
· EARS support
· support to off-line product monitoring facilities
· Anomaly investigation, documentation and classification. Follow up of the delivery of S/W resolutions for these anomalies;
· Analysis of the maintenance requirements and identification, procurement or implementation of the tools required to fulfil them;
· Setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures, the support to the procurement and installation of hardware and software, and the co-ordination with external providers of support services;
· Participation in technical meetings and formal reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree or equivalent
· A minimum of 5 years work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C, C++ and Java
· Experience in the field of meteorological satellite data processing/analysis, scientific processing in general and the Fortran programming language would be a distinct advantage.
· Significant experience (greater or equal to 5 years work experience) in the area of product quality control facilities and in operational systems and operational support.
· Experience of operating and maintaining software systems in a UNIX based environment (specifically LINUX and AIX);
· Software build environments and tools (e.g. rpm, make, imake, debuggers, insure++);
· Source code control system, preferably Subversion or CVS;
· Configuration control tools and methods;
· C/C++/Java programming language experience in a UNIX based environment;
· Use of and application programming of database systems in particular ORACLE, INFORMIX, PostgreSQL and MySQL;
· Experience with the programming and usage of IDL;
· Experience and skills in working in projects and environments characterised by a diversity of stakeholders.
· Generation of Maintenance Documentation and Procedures;
· Experience in product processing/quality control/calibration and validation using meteorological satellite data;
· Fortran programming language experience in a UNIX based environment;
· Experience in scientific computing;
· Experience with the programming and usage of ENVI;
· Experience in Web Programming;
· Knowledge of XML and related technologies (XPATH, SVG, etc.);
· Knowledge of Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell);
· Performance analysis and improvement;
· Experience in using UNIX threads;
· Architectural and detailed design, implementation, formal testing and support;
· Design and implementation of MMI using different toolkits and languages;
· Analysis and processing of software-generated reports and logfiles.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.