|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:05:25 +0100|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a university degree in meteorology, atmospheric physics, or equivalent
With three years of experience in the field of remote sounding
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: As soon as Feasible
Closing date: 2 September 2011
Engineering support is sought primarily to support the ongoing EPS System calibration and validation. This support will be focussed on calibrating and validating the EPS Product Processing Facilities (PPF) and subsequently contribute to its improvement and extension, in particular for Day-2 products. This demands expertise in verification and validation, test data production, and generation of prototype processors, mainly in the domain of complex remote-sensing satellites product processors. It also requires profound knowledge of the IASI instrument and its data processing.
It is expected that the tasks of the Consultant will typically include:
In an evolving way over time the consultant will provide in addition support to the algorithm definition and eventual prototype development of future IR sounding instruments, as foreseen for the Post-EPS Programme. This task will evolve as the Post-EPS specification will mature in the coming years
Qualifications and Experience
· A university degree in meteorology, atmospheric physics, or equivalent
· Three years of experience in the field of remote sounding
· Development of complex product processors;
· Experience in the area of atmospheric remote sensing, including handling and processing of remotely sensed data;
· Knowledge and Experience in the retrieval of atmospheric parameters from infrared sounding instruments;
· Testing and verification of complex data processing systems;
· Very good skills in a higher programming language, such as Fortran, C/C++, Java (existing product processors are written in Fortran 95 and C/C++).
· Very good scientific and technical skills in data analysis and presentation, with adequate data analysis tools.
· The Consultant shall be familiar with satellite instruments for Earth observation.
· The Consultant shall have good interpersonal skills. He/she shall have the ability to write concise and comprehensive scientific/technical reports
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Infrared Sounding Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.