|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:28:09 +0100|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer who shall have at least five year’s experience with the retrieval of geophysical properties from hyperspectral infrared observations
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: As soon as Feasible
Closing date: 12 August 2011
The consultant will be integrated into the MTG-IRS science support team within EUMETSAT MET Divisions. This team provides in-house hands-on knowledge of IRS Level 2 processing. It supports the procurement, verification, calibration, and product validation of the operational implementation of the L2PF IRS Level 2 processing. To support procurement, the team will provide specifications, test data, and software tools. The team will formulate their initial specifications in an Algorithm Theoretical Basis Document that describes the physical principles of end-to-end product processing in the L2PF, and then transfer these, developing them in sufficient detail to allow a software contractor to implement them, into a Product Generation Specification (PGS). The team will also provide test data to verify that the contractor has implemented the specification correctly. The team procures input test data (simulated upwelling spectra as recorded by the IRS instrument) through study contracts with external entities. The team generates output test data using several software tools, the most important of these being an existing end-to-end prototype processor. The consultant will support these activities, primarily through further development and maintenance of the prototype processor, preparation of test data, and application of the prototype processor to test data. The current prototype processor is an implementation of a Bayesian methodology to optimally estimate the Earth/Atmospheric state from a combination of a-priori information and hyperspectral infrared satellite observations.
In particular the tasks will include:
Qualifications and Experience
· A University degree in a relevant discipline
· Five years experience with the retrieval of geophysical properties from hyperspectral infrared observations
Retrieval of geophysical properties from space borne hyper-spectral infrared observations, using Optimal Estimation methodologies,
Accurate description of Infrared radiative transfer through the Earth/Atmosphere system, Handling of large data sets.
· The ability to obtain a full system overview in the area of responsibility;
· Very good communication, presentation and listening skills
· The ability to earn the trust of, and work as part of a team
· The ability to perform under high workloads
· The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
· A high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills;
· Processing of raw Fourier transform spectrometer observations into radiometrically and spectrally calibrated spectra,
· Statistical methods to derive geophysical parameters from hyper-spectral infrared observations,
· Rapid algorithm prototyping and test data generation in support of the above,
System software engineering including
· Configuration Control;
· Global standards for data, e.g.
· NetCDF-4 or HDF-5.
Tools supporting the above:
· Source Code control system(s) e.g., subversion,
· Programming languages (e.g., C++, Java)
· Prototyping tools (e.g., Python, Matlab)
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.