|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 5 Jul 2011 11:14:12 +0100|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of remote sensing product data analysis including at least 2 years of experience of UV/Visible calibration and validation.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: As soon as Feasible
Closing date: 12 August 2011
This consultancy is primarily to support the calibration and validation of GOME-2 level 1 data products. The main focus of the activity is the calibration and validation of the GOME-2 UV/Visible radiance and polarisation sensitive data, the evaluation of the long-term degradation signatures in GOME-2 data and methods for generation of degradation correction factors, cross-calibration and validation activities both with instruments of a similar class and GOME-2 instruments on Metop-A and Metop-B, and investigation of problems indicated by feedback from level 1 data users.
Associated with this activity is the development of prototype software to support the analysis and supporting documentation such as algorithm specifications, test data descriptions and validation reports. The consultant will be fully integrated in the LEO Support Team within the Meteorological Division but will also be expected to interface with experts across EUMETSAT as required.
Qualifications and Experience
· A University degree in a relevant discipline
· a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of remote sensing product data analysis including at least 2 years of experience of UV/Visible calibration and validation.
· remote sensing data analysis using UV/Visible satellite data;
· calibration of level 0 and validation of level 1 satellite data products;
· use of (vector) radiative transfer models;
· the GOME-2 mission and instrument;
· writing concise and comprehensive scientific and technical reports;
· demonstrated skills in a higher programming language;
· specification, design and coding of complex product processors;
· testing and verification of complex data processing systems;
· knowledge of the remaining EPS missions and instruments ;
· quality control of satellite data and products;
· operational product processing environments;
· knowledge of SQL;
· software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
· source code control system, (e.g. Subversion or CVS).
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
GOME-2 Level 1 Calibration and Validation Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.