|From||"Simon Davidson" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 5 Jul 2011 09:40:11 +0100|
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University educated engineer in a relevant engineering discipline.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: November 2011
Closing date: 5 August 2011
The consultant will be integrated into the Ground Segment System Engineering Support Group of the System Engineering Support Division.
The tasks assigned to the Consultant will be agreed through dedicated work-packages with clear identification of activities and outputs expected.
The consultant’s role will be to provide senior expert support in all network-related aspects & activities. In this role, the consultant is primarily expected to write and review requirements specifications, design documents, interface requirements and specifications, prototyping plans and reports in the early project phases, produce procurement-related documents, support procurement activities, participate in technical inspections and reviews, and generate technical reports during the course of the programmes.
In addition the consultant shall have the ability to undertake ‘hands-on’ testing, trouble shooting, and configuration of complex network installations.
The activities will require full-time participation by the consultant for the duration of the contract. The tasks of the consultant will be carried out at EUMETSAT facilities in Darmstadt, but travel within Europe may be required for certain activities.
The consultant will provide three types of support:
1) Support to feasibility and preliminary design activities for EPS-SG and the design and implementation phases for MTG in the areas of networking:
Participate to the production, update, refinement and maintenance of the:
2) Support to the Maintenance & Engineering Division of the Operations Department for the current network (including on-call and stand-by support):
3) Support to general activities:
The main documentation outputs are:
Qualifications and Experience
· A University degree in a relevant discipline
· 8 year’s experience in specification, design, procurement & implementation, integration, verification and validation of complex networks and data communication systems (LANs and WANs, ) based on state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf components
· · CISCO hardware and software;
· System Engineering practices and implementation of the full lifecycle of requirements engineering (from conceptualisation to operations);
· Technical management in relation to the procurement and development of communications networks.
· Experience in the use of DOORs as requirements management tool will also be considered an advantage.
· The variety of the tasks and the scope of the systems to be supported require a high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Senior Systems & Network Engineeer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.