HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality consultants to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a University degree (or equivalent) educated engineer in a relevant engineering discipline, the consultant shall demonstrate significant experience in the area of software development.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: October 2011
Closing date: 12 August 2011
As a member of the MSG applications support team, the Consultant shall support software development of applications on the Central Facility, primarily a distributed client server configuration supporting software configurations for the spacecraft and ground segment monitoring and control system.
Duties shall range from software development in a mixed Windows and Unix environment, from fixing problems and engineering changes, technical support to the continuous operation of the system, including analysis, investigation and resolution with creation of appropriate documentation.
Main duties include:
· Maintenance activities
- Software development using C++ and Java engineered in Windows and Unix environments, interacting with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products,
- Preventive maintenance: Support to the 24/7 smooth running of facility software applications and their operating systems and in the case of anomalies affecting operations, identifying and applying appropriate first line corrective actions;
- ensuring that in the case of problems with applications, operating systems or COTS, that the operational configuration can be restored,
- Corrective maintenance: Investigation into relevant anomalies and solutions, their documentation and classification, with suitable follow up of the delivery of software updates,
- Evolutive maintenance: Analysis of user-driven requirements, generation of software requirements, design, implementation and verification/testing activities,
- Verification/testing activities: Generation of verification/test procedures and delivery documentation, participation in verification and regression testing activities at unit and system level, participation in factory acceptance testing campaigns and execution of on-site verification testing at integration level,
- System upgrades: Analysis, planning and management of application, operating system and COTS upgrades and reconfigurations, taking into account any compatibility issues,
- Definition and management of technical documentation and procedures in support of these activities,
· Support activities
- Applications support: Software and technical support to the end-users of the application software by request,
- Attendance in meetings: Participation in technical, progress and team meetings, submission of reports as required,
- On call service: Provision of standby/call out support to operations and support to critical operations out of normal hours, as required,
- Additional support: Provision of support to other areas and programs as required, for example, supporting the simulations infrastructure.
Qualifications and Experience
· A University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
· Demonstrate significant experience in the area of software development
- Significant work experience in a 24/7 operational environment characterised by high availability requirements,
- Working in a software maintenance and development team in the framework of software projects resulting in deliveries to customers,
· Software and technology
- At least 7 years of proven life cycle based software development using C++ and Java,
- Software development on Windows and Unix platforms,
- Software development using the Microsoft Visual C++ IDE,
- Software development using SQL and relational database management systems,
- Software development using Version Control Systems, SVN or CVS,
- Understanding of operational concepts and experience with configuration management and change control,
- Understanding of the verification and validation process and experience of supporting testing campaigns,
- Experience with upgrading and migrating operating system and software applications,
- For the purpose of documentation, a good knowledge of the MS Windows Office Suite of applications,
- Experience with ESA/ESOC mission control products, for example, SCOS-2000, NIS, SIMSAT,
- Spacecraft simulation environments and systems,
· Software and technology
- Experience with CORBA based technologies,
- Software development using Eclipse IDE,
- Programming with XML,
- Programming with GUI toolkit, for example, ILOG Views, QT,
- Programming with data graphical analysis tools, for example, Visual Numerics PVWAVE/ IDL.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via firstname.lastname@example.org
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website: