|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:42:52 +0100|
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Rate: € TBD per day
Start Date: September 2011
Duration: 3 years plus 2 one year options
Tasks and Responsibilities
The consultant will be a member of a multi-disciplinary ground segment system engineering team. Within this team, she/he will lead the Verification and Validation group and will interface with the in-house experts of the various disciplines (interfaces, flight dynamics, mission operations, data & products processing, ground stations, algorithms, operations,...).
The tasks assigned to the Consultant will be agreed through dedicated work-packages with clear identification of activities and outputs expected.
The consultant’s role will be to provide expert technical and managerial support to the Ground Segment System Team Leader in the area of ground segment integration, verification and validation. In this role, the consultant is expected to write and review plans and technical documents in the early project phase. Later, she/he will lead a team of IV&V engineers and participate actively in the integration and verification activities. In short, she/he will be responsible for the definition and conduct of the ground segment IV&V programme.
The activities will require full-time participation by the consultant for the duration of the contract. The tasks of the consultant will be carried out mainly at EUMETSAT facilities in Darmstadt, but travel within Europe may be required for certain activities.
It is expected that the tasks of the Consultant, in support of the phases B and C/D of MTG, will typically include:
· Leading the IV&V team (to be recruited in the future);
· Leading the production, update, refinement and maintenance of the:
i) Ground Segment Verification and Validation Test Plan;
ii) Ground Segment Verification Control Document;
iii) Ground Segment Test Specifications;
iv) Ground Segment Test Procedures.
· Leading the identification of required test tools and test datasets;
· Leading the production of test tools and test data requirements document for external procurements;
· Ensure compatibility between the Ground Segment and System level approaches, via detailed co-ordination with the System team;
· Supporting the procurement of the test tools and test data;
· Responsible for execution and reporting of planned activities in line with the plan and according to an agreed schedule;
· Contributing to the definition of the tests by integrating the inputs of the various experts into a coherent and resource-efficient integration, verification and validation approach;
· Contributing to forecast and planning of resources (human, tools, data) in the area of ground segment IV&V;
· Analysis and documentation of technical issues at ground segment level or concerning specific facilities;
· Contributing to the activities related to the MTG Ground Segment preliminary design and critical design;
· Preparing for and participation in ground segment reviews;
· Supporting the follow-up of facilities procurement contracts in the area of ground segment IV&V;
· Preparing and organising Test Readiness Reviews and Test Review Boards;
· Performing the integration, verification and validation tests according to the relevant plans, specifications and procedures;
· Analysing test results and documentation thereof in test reports;
· Investigating anomalies and documentation thereof in anomaly reports;
· Providing support to Anomaly and Non-Conformance Review Boards;
· Liaising with facility procurement teams and development contractors for the communication of anomalies, the follow-up of their resolution and installation of new software releases.
In the performance of these tasks, the consultant shall apply the relevant organisational and programmatic quality management procedures as well as the relevant system engineering standards in use in the corresponding programme.
The Consultant shall be capable of performing his activities with a minimum of supervision and guidance.
The Consultant shall have significant, recent experience in the design and subsequent integration, verification and validation of spacecraft ground segments, including monitoring & control systems, ground stations and payload processing systems. In addition, the Consultant shall have appropriate management and interpersonal skills required for the tasks and responsibilities described above.
The Consultant shall have a university degree (or equivalent) together with a demonstrated experience of at least 5 years in the field of operational data processing and satellite control systems. This experience shall include:
· Knowledge of development lifecycle of large systems from design to validation/commissioning;
· Definition of verification approach for large systems
· Testing and verification of earth observation mission ground segments
· Verification of complex data processing systems;
· Team leading.
The MTG Ground Segment uses DOORs for requirements management. Experience in the use of DOORs as a requirements management tool will also be considered and advantage. In the event that the Consultant has no experience with DOORs, experience of a similar tool is expected.
The variety of the tasks and the scope of the systems to be supported require a high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills.
The Consultant shall be in possession of sound management and interpersonal skills to conduct the responsibilities described above with a minimum level of supervision yet within a good team spirit, exhibiting good oral and written communications skills, analytical capabilities, and motivation. Besides the Consultant shall be able to present articulated views, opinions and recommendations to streamline and optimise the MTG definition processes, the missions and the systems.
MTG Ground Segment Integration & Verification Engineering Team Leader.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.