|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:57:33 -0000|
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Rate: € TBD per day
Start Date: May 2011
Duration: 3 years plus 2 one year options
The consultant will be integrated into the data processing facility team of the MTG Ground Segment. The general task of the consultant will be to support the procurement activities for the MTG L0, L1 and L2 product processing, primarily by developing and consolidating the knowledge needed to acquire the mission data processing functionality – both for on-line and off-line functions - primarily for the FCI and LI, and also for the IRS and UVN (including functionality providing common services, such as data handling, processor allocation and monitoring, job control, and general M&C)
In particular the tasks will include:
· Help procure the processing functionality for both L1 and L2 processing of the FCI and LI, and secondarily of the sounding instruments, throughout the procurement lifecycle, supporting and monitoring contractors. In particular, to:
o Define, develop and maintain L0, L1 and L2 processing functionality requirements and specifications and those of the resulting L0, L1, and L2 products, including their formats. Monitor evolution of the requirements and the applicability of their versions to procured items (e.g., facilities).
o Prepare documents to support requests for quotation or invitations to tender, and, potentially, evaluate responses to them
o Monitor and assist contractors during procurements, including contribute to reviews, verification, and testing against appropriate versions of requirements and monitoring and advising on the resolution of deviations.
o Develop and maintain, as well as support procurement of,
§ test tools and software - including prototype software that implements the functionality defined in the processing specifications
§ test datasets that reflect the functionality defined in the processing specifications
· Support system engineering activities, including reviews, working with the MTG System and MTG Ground Segment teams, and the MTG Science team.
· Support interactions with the Space Segment, via the System Team and in the context of the Instrument Functional Chain Engineering Groups, including supporting the review, and/or analysis, of instrument-related documentation including relevant ICDs.
· Create reports and presentations, including internal reports, on aspects of the tasks above;
· Any other tasks deemed appropriate by the technical officer in support of the overall aim of the tasks above.
It is foreseen, given the duration of the contract, that the most time will be spent on monitoring and support of the contractors, for which it will be necessary to invest a smaller but nonetheless significant amount of time developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of the processing needed to produce the L0, L1, and L2 products, of test datasets to verify different aspects of it, and of its specification.
In the performance of these tasks, the consultant shall comply with the applicable rules of the EUMETSAT Directory of Instructions (DI) and the EUMETSAT Management System (EMS), the applicable organisational and divisional management standards, and also with the relevant working practices and procedures as well as the organisational and divisional documentation management procedures. The set of applicable rules and working practice to be applied during the execution of the work will be made available at start of the duties in EUMETSAT.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the Consultant shall have experience of software development and testing for operational highly available near-real-time earth observation data systems.
Knowledge and experience of the following is mandatory in order of relevance:
· Specification, development, and testing of product processors for multi-instrument earth observation platforms
· System software engineering in an operational earth observation environment
· Test data development and acquisition, and test data and test case management vs requirements specifications
The following attributes are essential:
· The ability to obtain a full system overview in the area of responsibility;
· The ability to maintain an overview against a set requirements specifications with a managed evolution of configuration status
· Very good communication, presentation and listening skills
· The ability to earn the trust of, and work as part of a team
· The ability to perform under high workloads
· The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
· A high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills;
Practical knowledge of as many as possible of the following will be an advantage in order of relevance:
· Procurement of operational satellite instrument data processing facilities from industry, including procurement reviews, monitoring, and verification and testing.
· Requirements specification, development, acquisition testing, integration, verification, and commissioning and validation of scanning satellite radiometer, and secondarily, sounder L1 and L2 product processors and their support functionality including data supply, job control, and M&C.
· Rapid algorithm prototyping and test data generation in support of the above
· System software engineering in an operational earth observation environment including
o Configuration Control;
o Definition and formalization of architectures and interfaces of complex systems;
o Formalised Software Testing;
· Global standards for data, e.g.
o NetCDF-4 or HDF-5.
o CCSDS standards for data format representation;
· Tools supporting the above:
o Tool based requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORs)
o Tool based Software Architecture and Design (e.g. Enterprise Architect, UML 2.0/ SysML)
o Unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, JMeter);
o Source Code control system(s) e.g., subversion, git
o Production programming languages (e.g., C++, Java)
o Prototyping tools (e.g., Python, IDL/PV-Wave)
Mission Data processing consultant for MTG.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.