|From||"Simon Davidson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:15:48 -0000|
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Rate: € TBD
Start Date: July 2011
Duration: 3 years plus 2 one year options
Closing date: 25 April 2011
The Consultant shall work on the MTG requirements analysis, architectural design and requirement implementation of the MME parts of the MTG Ground Segment. The duties range at the beginning from the analysis and design and may later evolve to the implementation, installation, testing and subsequently maintenance of the MME Archive/Retrieval and User services system. This may also include the setting-up and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures, the support to the procurement of hardware and software, and the co-ordination with external service providers.
In particular during the initial phase the tasks will include:
· Familiarisation with the MTG Ground Segment and the current Data Access Services architecture;
· Requirements analysis of MTG requirements against the MMEs;
· Generation of detailed requirements, compliance matrix and design justification;
· Analysis and evolution of current System Design to enhance the Data Access Services to meet MTG requirements;
· Definition of MME Data Access Service Interface Control Documents (ICDs);
· Support to Ground Segment reviews;
· Preparation of Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) test specification, of the MME Data Access systems;
· Support to the MTG Ground Segment (IV&V) tests, for the MME Data Access systems.
· Support during the implementation of MME Data Access requirements;
Qualifications and Experience
· The consultant shall preferably have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
· A minimum of five years working experience in the analysis of software requirements, scalable software architectures, software development, testing, operations and maintenance of Data Access systems.
· A strong Java background is beneficial.
The consultant must have significant work experience using UNIX (Sun Solaris) Operating System for highly available systems, experience with Hierarchical Storage Management Systems and Architectures (SAM-FS/QFS), and should be familiar, to the extent required by the performance of the former, with networking, distributed applications, TCP/IP and Web services.
In addition, knowledge and experience of the following is mandatory:
· Tool based requirements management (e.g. IBM DOORs)
· Tool based Software Architecture and Design (e.g. Enterprise Architect, UML 2.0/ SysML)
· Definition and formalization of interfaces between complex systems;
· In depth knowledge of portal technologies, web application server and web security concepts;
· Storage Concepts and Archiving Technologies (SAN, Tapes, MAID);
· Formalised Software Testing;
· Configuration Control;
· Database Experience with Oracle (Schema design, SQL, JDBC);
· Source Code control system (preferably SubVersion);
· Testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, JMeter);
· OGC Interoperability Standards such as CSW, WMS, WCS, WFS;
· Java programming languages (J2SE);
· XML, XML Schema and XSLT technologies (JAXB, Xalan/ Xerces, JDOM);
· Web Services (Apache CFX or Axis);
· C++ programming language (STL);
· WS-security, OpenSSO, OpenDS (SAML2, LDAP)
· ESB Mule;
· Perl programming language
· Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA/IIOP)(TAO);
· CCSDS standards for data format representation;
· oXygen XML editor, Altova XMLspy;
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Data Access Services Software Architect for MTG.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.